About this program
Finding Fido is a program of the Canadian Federation of Humane Societies (CFHS).
This site will help you figure out if you're ready for a dog, how to pick the right one for you, and how to avoid supporting the cruel puppy mill industry.
Inspiring Stories ...
- Our Puppy Coal we adopted from Furry Bottoms Rescue in Two Rivers Wisconsin. We Love him so much he is a wonderful puppy. He gets so excited to see read more...
- Both of my fur babies are rescues. Myles, a chocolate lab/pit bull mix was being beaten as a puppy. I took him away when the owner wasn’t read more...
- What a little love and patience can do! Well…I had one Yorkie. I didn’t want any more dogs. Our life was planned, organized and read more...
Tell us your story
We want to hear how you got your dog and what he or she means to you.
Click here to post your story.
You can post your dog's picture and even a video too!
- Willow, the emaciated husky found on the side of the road in British Columbia, has found her forever home. Willow was found extremely underweight. There were rocks and soil in her stomach. Read the full story. Read More ->
- Stray dogs can be a problem in rural reserve areas. A new volunteer group is helping stray dogs on reserves find homes. Read the full story. Read More ->